a once in a blue moon project...

Monday, August 16, 2010

Project #1: Spaghetti Bolognaise

Menu:
  1. Spaghetti Bolognaise
  2. Garlic bread with topping
  3. Mushroom soup
  4. Happy food
  5. Sirap lemon

Requested by:
  • Queen of the house who despite of my poor cooking skill, still has the guts to ask me to cook... daring betul nih! heheheeee...

Recipe:
  1. Spaghetti Bolognaise --> http://www.myresipi.com/top/detail/728
  2. Garlic bread with topping --> ready made baguettes @ Cold Storage. The toppings, I used my imagination, but I get the idea from the movie 'Julie & Julia'. The way Julie's husband ate that bread, made me drool.
  3. Mushroom soup --> instant laaaa... Campbell's.
  4. Happy food --> from AFC. Very yummy yummy yummy! Happy happy happy!
  5. Sirap lemon --> I have a lot of lemon left... so it went into the sirap... heheheeee...

Ingredients for today's Spaghetti Bolognaise, Garlic Bread & topping and mushroom soup.

I don't know how to make mushroom soup from scratch... not yet. For now, instant Campbell's mushroom soup will do.

Notice the dried chili? heheheeee... I have to adjust this recipe a bit because if it's not hot, it's not tasty.

After about an hour plus of chopping (yup, it took me that long...), the preparation was ready.

Tadaaaaa!!!!

Bolognaise sauce... cooking in progress

Bolognaise sauce... done!
 This pic not flattering la... but, I tell you, it smell so goooood... look a bit like asam pedas right? Fusion :)


 Garlic bread...


Topping --> my own recipe. A mix of tomato, a bit of capsicum, parsley, minced meat fried with butter and a few drops of lemon juice... I think those who loves western food will like this... it taste fresh, mildly sweet & sour.

My yummy happy food! Popiah wrap with peanut butter, banana & chocolate... deep fry! 
Courtesy of that chef in AFC... I forgot his name.

Verdict:
  1. Spaghetti Bolognaise - Good! At first, salt & sugar not to taste... rusty cook masak time puasa, inilah jadinya. But, after modification, voila! A yummy fusion spaghetti bolognaise... heheheeee...
  2. Garlic bread with topping - 50-50... would be better if the bread was hot.
  3. Mushroom soup - no no no... must learn to make mushroom soup... the instant one, not compliant to our taste bud.
  4. Happy food - yummy yummy yummy! happy happy happy!
  5. Sirap lemon- very tasty! very refreshing! A real suitable drink for buka puasa. 



Overall verdict:
Rusty cook very happy. Nervously plan for the next project :)

No comments:

Post a Comment