a once in a blue moon project...

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Project #2: Peanut Gravy & Nasi Impit

Queen of the house is not around... missing her so much... :(

So... Eid Al-Adha this year, 'Rusty Cook' (me) has to take over. In take over, I mean jump... As I often heard,  when you have to jump, you ask how high?

But, that's not the question that I asked myself because I have no plan of jumping so high... hihihiiii... For Eid Al-Adha this year, I, the Rusty Cook decided to make spaghetti... lalalaaaaaa...

A few friends remarked, 'you think you're celebrating x'mas?'... hihihihiiii... Not!

I went with my spaghetti plan even though spaghetti is not a usual Eid's meal... I have to thank my supportive family and friends who supported this idea :) It is true a 'mat saleh' Muslim  do celebrate Eid with Spaghetti... such comfort to hear that :)

OMG! I definitely need to learn to cook more meals... especially festive ones...

Since I'm not a 'mat saleh', I know I must make an effort to make Eid Al-Adha feels like a celebration, Malay style. So, I added 'Peanut Gravy' with 'Nasi Impit' to the menu. Where did I get the recipe? From memory... years of observing Queen of the House made the gravy has finally paid off tonight. But the recipe for my gravy, I mixed it with Queen's and my auntie's... who are both excellent cooks.

Ingredients for the gravy:
Peanut (of course), onions, garlics,dried chilli, ginger, galangal, lemongrass, tamarind, palm sugar & minced meat.


Wash the peanut & fry it... until it becomes brownish... not blackish :)

The result... tadaaaaaa...
such an unflattering picture... such injustice :P


I used instant 'Nasi Impit'... coz it's the trend now... Yeah right! I don't know how to make the not instant one! There... I admitted it :P
Instant 'Nasi Impit'... before...


after...

Verdict:
  • Spaghetti bolognaise --> tastier! nyum nyummm...
  • Peanut gravy --> nyum nyummm... no doubt... I had to cook for 2nd round...


Overall verdict:
Everyone's happy!And importantly... I'm happy because everyone's happy! Plus, everyone really enjoyed the food I prepared...


Pat on both shoulders Rusty Cook! Well done!


No comments:

Post a Comment